Friday 29 March 2013

I am so very angry with DMC - I have been stitching Mirabila's Sabrina MD106  for a few months, and decided that the project looked a little grubby, - this does happen in my house have 6 cats and they occasionally like to sit on my work! I took it off the frame, and washed it, but it still looked grey in places were it SHOULD have been white! I gently washed it again, but still the same, so I then looked at the skeins of DMC white floss - and there was my culprit although all the same batch number the colours were different, ranging from off white to white to grey  over 12 different skeins I was livid I have now removed all the white stitches from the project which has taken me an age and as soon as the new skeins (ordered in especially) arrive I will start to replace the unpicked stitches, the only advantage is that all the missing blocks of colour on the left of the picture are white so I won't have to do any counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment