Saturday 23 March 2013

Well I have finally decided to try my hand at a HAE design, nothing small for me I have started Mask of Colors, She is only 10 inches by 21 inches! The chart suggested using 25 count but I am stitching it on 18 count ivory aida - I have a frame in mind and stitched on this count then it will fit perfectly.


I have been stitching this since 15th March a couple of hours each evening whilst listening to my audio books ( I love historical mysteries)  what do you listen too whilst stitching?
It doesn't look like I have done much does it but 18 count is hard on the eyes as you get older!!!

I have a really old table frame that belonged to my great grandmothers that I  use, (probably made in the late 1800's) I adore old sewing items and have collected many, but they don't live in a display case they are all used every single day, I believe that things were made to be used and even if they do get worn it shows that they have been appreciated and loved.


No comments:

Post a Comment